+30 210-3636035 [email protected]
English (United Kingdom) Greek Chinese

Simplification of being considered a Greek citizen living abroad

The new Ministerial Decision of Mr. Mavraganis aims to facilitate expatriates by simplifying the process regarding the documentation that needs to be submitted by individuals who claim to reside abroad but acquire income in Greece, in accordance with paragraph 7 of Article 61 of the Greek Income Tax Code.

The foreign residents, including expatriates, must provide for the financial year 2012 (1/1/2011 to 31/12/2011) and submit along with the income tax return for the financial year 2013 (fiscal year 2012) the following documents:

·        Certificate from their competent tax authority of the state where they reside proving their place of residence, or

·        copy of their annual income statement or of their income tax return, or

·        in the absence of all the above, a copy of the statement that they have filed and it is issued by the competent authority.

If it is not possible to produce any of the above documents by the competent tax authority, then a certificate from any other public or other competent authority which states the residence of the individual person abroad.

In each case all of the submitted certificates must bear an Apostille Seal and then an official translation in Greek.

Find Us